2022 Friends of the Poor® Walk
Saturday, September 24, 2022
Evansville State Hospital Grounds Park
- Register for the walk online, see directions below. You can also register the morning of the walk.
- Collect donations of personal care items for all ethnic groups, as well as laundry goods. These items will help us to create donation packages for those in need in our community that are distributed at our Food Pantry
- Bring your registration form along with donations collected from family, friends, and fellow parishioners to the registration table at the Walk. Make sure to note your Parish on your registration form so that the money you raised can be donated back to your conference.
- Snap a selfie while walking to SHARE with us on Facebook!
The Friends of the Poor® Walk began as a national program with the purpose of providing local Society of St. Vincent de Paul Conferences and Councils the additional funds to help support their special projects.
Today, this philosophy and tradition continues in Evansville!
Proceeds from the Friends of the Poor Walk provides direct emergency assistance for The Evansville District Council of The St. Vincent de Paul Society Clients.
How To Get Involved:
- Become a Sponsor – Click Here!
- Register for the Event – Opening Soon!
We are grateful for your interest in the Friends of the Poor Walk,
and we look forward to seeing you on September 24th!
Help us reach our goal of $30,000!
Every dollar stays local in our service to the poor.