2020 Friends of the Poor® Virtual Walk
Saturday, September 26, 2020
Location & Start Time of Your Choice
We encourage you to walk a mile in support, solidarity and friendship of the poor in our local communities. Stay safe and have fun!
Since this is our first year having the walk “virtually,” here is a quick checklist to make it easy!
- Register for the walk online, see directions below. You can also register the morning of the walk at our designated locations.
- Collect donations of personal care items for all ethnic groups, as well as laundry goods. These items will help us to create donation packages for those in need in our community.
- Visit the Evansville State Hospital Grounds, Thrift Store, OR Food Pantry on September 26 from 9-11am to complete your registration if you did not do so online, drop off any donations you collected, and pick up your goodie bag. Please be sure to note your Parish on your registration form so that the money you raised can be donated back to your conference.
- Join the virtual community and be sure to snap a selfie while walking to SHARE with us on Facebook! Download and print our Virtual Walk Poster, below, to include in the photo!
The Friends of the Poor® Walk began as a national program with the purpose of providing local Society of St. Vincent de Paul Conferences and Councils the additional funds to help support their special projects.
Today, this philosophy and tradition continues in Evansville!
Proceeds from the Friends of the Poor Walk provides direct emergency assistance for The Evansville District Council of The St. Vincent de Paul Society Clients.
How To Get Involved:
- Become a Sponsor – Click Here!
- Register for the Event – Click Here!
- Download the Virtual Walk Poster – Click Here and snap a selfie with it while on your walk to share with us on Facebook!
We are grateful for your interest in the Friends of the Poor Walk,
and we look forward to seeing you virtually on September 26nd!
A Special Thank-You to Our Sponsors!
Title Sponsor: Ron and Joanie Pohl
Shopping Bag Sponsors: German American Bancorp, St. Benedict Cathedral Conference of St. Vincent de Paul, Ireland Home Based Services, Banterra Bank, Stephen Libs Finer Chocolates, Dean and Karen Bosler, Red Spot Paint & Varnish, Ameriprise – Thacker, Charnes, Stowe & Associates, Evansville V.F.W. Auxiliary to Post 1114, Vectren Foundation.
Water Stop Sponsors: St. John the Baptist Catholic Church Men’s Club, Knights of St. John Commandery 345 (Haubstadt), Good Shepherd Catholic Church, Greg and Cindy Riedford, St. James Men’s Club, Deacon Tony Schapker, Ss. Peter and Paul St. Vincent de Paul Conference (Haubstadt), St. Anne’s Altar Society of St. John the Evangelist Parish (Daylight), Bill and Joann Hussmann.
Snack Sponsors: J.H. Memmer Accounting, Corp., Joe and Sue Hopf, Adler Excavating, Leo and Donna Anslinger, Donald and Elizabeth Baier, Jim and Delores Bengert, Bryan and Elizabeth Hirsch, Control Specialists, Inc., Mary Dimmett, David and Kathy Hennig, Maritza Jenkins, D.M.D., Knights of Columbus Council 2215 (Haubstadt), Knights of Columbus Council 12541 (Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, Evansville), Ziemer Funeral Home, Matt Hirsch, Tri-State Bearing Company, Damien and Mary Scheessele.