Sponsor the 2021 St. Vincent de Paul “Friends of the Poor®” Walk
Become a Friends of the Poor® Walk sponsor and fill out our online form.
Download the Friends of the Poor® Walk sponsor form, click here.
The Evansville District Council of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is affiliated with the Catholic church and operates as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. This “Walk” is one of approximately 160 walks being held in cities throughout the United States.
The Friends of the Poor® Walk has traditionally drawn around 250 walk participants and 50 volunteers. Increased marketing of the event will be undertaken this year to increase participation and visibility. 500 shopping bags are purchased for the event to give away to participants.
- Recognized in written materials distributed on the day of the walk.
- Name professionally printed on a yard sign and displayed along the route.
- Name and/or company logo included in “thank you for your sponsorship” message in SVdP social media posts.
- Name and/or company logo listed on our SVdP website on our Friends of the Poor® Walk under your sponsorship level.
- Same as Snack Sponsor plus…
- Your printed materials (if applicable) included in giveaway Shopping Bags
- Same as Poncho Sponsor plus…
- Display space provided for company information (if applicable)
- Same as Water Stop Sponsor plus…
- Name and/or company logo (if applicable) printed on back of giveaway shopping bags
- Shopping bags given out on day of walk. Leftover bags used at Food Pantry for carrying food home
- Same as Shopping Bag Sponsors plus…
- Name and/or company logo on front of shopping tote bags (instead of back)
- Name and/or company logo on commemorative Friends of the Poor® Walk T-shirts given out at walk
- Banner with name and/or company logo displayed at registration booth as Title Sponsor for the event
A Special Thank-You to Our Sponsors!
Water Stop Sponsors: Anthony Schapker, Greg and Cindy Riedford
Poncho Sponsors: Leo and Donna Anslinger, Don and Elizabeth Baier, Thomas and Rosemary Beckman, Scheessele & Sons Construction, LLC
Snack Sponsors: Joe and Sue Hopf, A Woman’s Touch Dentistry, J.H. Memmer Accounting, El Charro Mexican Restaurant, David and Kathy Hennig, David and Virginia Cook, Mary Dimmett, Control Specialists, Inc., Tri-State Fence Co., Adler Excavating, LLC, Sue Bengert, Anthony and Elizabeth Pazera, Bartley’s Paint and Body Shop
How your support of the Walk helps to impact the lives of those we serve.
- The Evansville District Council of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul helps individuals and families in Vanderburgh, Warrick, Posey and Gibson Counties.
- In the past fiscal year, our district council’s 450 volunteer members, called “Vincentians,” responded to over 5000 requests for assistance that impacted over 12,000 individuals.
- Over $400,000 was provided to help those in financial need pay for life’s basic necessities. • The Evansville District Council’s Vincentians donated over $58,000 of their own funds to assist those in need.
- Our Vincentians volunteered nearly 17,000 hours between St. Vincent de Paul’s Food Pantry and Thrift Store.
- Our Food Pantry distributed over 73,000 boxes and bags of three-day supplies of essentials, totaling over 250 tons of food.
- Through a grant from the Vanderburgh County “Community Good Grants Program,” our Thrift Store was able to provide 42 twin beds to families through a partnership with Ireland Home Based Services.
- Our 19 parish-based conferences, through the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store, provided clothing, furniture, and household items to over 3000 individuals.
- Our Vincentians not only provide financial assistance to those in need, but even more importantly, spiritual assistance through their prayers, presence and listening.
100% OF PROCEEDS FROM THIS EVENT STAY LOCAL!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!