2021 Friends of the Poor Walk Registration
No set fee!!! There is no cost to participate in the Friends of the Poor Walk, but we do encourage donations.
REGISTER TODAY – Two easy ways to sign-up for the Walk:
- Go to our Online Registration Form (CLICK HERE) – you can register and make a donation online.
- Download the Registration PDF (CLICK HERE). You can complete your registration and turn it in with your donations on the day of the walk, September 25, or mail it in.
How your support of the Walk helps to impact the lives of those we serve.
- The Evansville District Council of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul helps individuals and families in Vanderburgh, Warrick, Posey and Gibson Counties
- In the past fiscal year, our district council’s 450 volunteer members, called “Vincentians,” responded to over 5000 requests for assistance impacting over 12,000 individuals
- Over $400,000 was provided to help those in financial need pay for life’s basic necessities
- The Evansville District Council’s Vincentians donated over $58,000 of their own funds to assist those in need.
- Our Vincentians volunteered nearly 17,000 hours between St. Vincent de Paul’s Food Pantry and Thrift Store
- Our Food Pantry distributed over 73,000 boxes and bags of three-day supplies of essentials, totaling over 250 tons of food
- Through a grant from the Vanderburgh County “Community Good Grants Program,” our Thrift Store was able to provide 42 twin beds to families through a partnership with Ireland Home Based Services
- Our 19 parish-based conferences, through the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store, provided clothing, furniture, and household items to over 3000 individuals
- Our Vincentians not only provide financial assistance to those in need, but even more importantly, spiritual assistance through their prayers, presence and listening
“Walk a mile in my shoes.”
By participating in the Friends of the Poor Walk, you are doing your part to change lives. Whether you have never had to deal with hardship or you recently received a service from St. Vincent de Paul, you can make a difference!
With your generosity, support and participation, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in Evansville will continue to change lives and provide critical services for those in need.